Spicy Jambalaya with chicken and andouille sausage, so easy & yummy to make!
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins
2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
10 ounces andouille sausage, sliced into rounds
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 onion, diced
1 small green bell pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (16 ounce) can crushed Italian tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon file powder
1 1/4 cups uncooked white rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
– Add Cajun seasoning to season the sausage and bondless chicken breasts Sauté sausage until browned.
– Heat a large-size heavy Dutch oven over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of peanut oil and swirl to coat.
– Add in the sausage to cook and turn it occasionally until it’s brown, about 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon, and set it aside. Add another tablespoon peanut oil, and saute chicken pieces until lightly browned on all sides, about 2 minutes. Remove it and set aside with the sausage.
– Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic to the same pot and sauté until tender.
– Stir in crushed tomatoes, season the tomatoes with red pepper, black pepper, hot pepper sauce, salt, , ưorcestershire sauce and file powder. Stir in chicken and sausage. Cook everything together for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Stir in the uncooked white rice and chicken broth. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
– Serve when it’s hot.